Note: This setup guide is for the 1st generation of Pollen Mobile Dandelions that utilizes a physical access gateway (AGW). If you are looking for the setup guide for a Greenhouse Dandelion, please visit Greenhouse Dandelion Setup Guide.
Set up your Dandelion Flower
Some assembly require -- tools NOT included
***PLEASE NOTE: depending on the version of the Stem you have received with your Flower, the 'RADIO' and 'NETWORK' ports may be in different orientations than the pictures you see in our setup guide; please ensure you connect the ethernet cables according to the label on the Stem lid.
1) Connect the power adapter and cable to your Stem (AGW), then connect to a power source
2) Using one of the provided ethernet cables, connect your Stem to an internet source (either a Router or an ethernet switch) -- be sure the end of the cable attached to your Stem is connected to the port labeled 'NETWORK'
***Note: we recommend using the provided 14' ethernet cables to link your Stem to your internet source, and your Flower (radio) to your POE injector
3) Connect your Stem to the POE (Power Over Ethernet) injector with one of the included ethernet cables, then connect the POE injector to a power source -- be sure to connect one end of the ethernet cable to the port on your Stem labeled 'RADIO', and the other end of the cable to the port on your POE injector labeled 'LAN'
***Note: we recommend using the 7' ethernet cable to connect your Stem with your POE injector
4) Loosen the two screws on the latch covering the ethernet port of your Dandelion, then open the latch; connect one end of an included ethernet cable to the port on your Dandelion labeled 'WAN/IPOE+' port -- please be sure to route the ethernet cable through the soft cable pass-through in the ethernet chamber to avoid crushing and damaging the ethernet cable when closing the latch -- then close the latch and tighten the two screws; the other end of the ethernet cable can be connected to the port on your POE injector labeled 'POE'
5) Please allow your newly setup Dandelion Flower 2-5 minutes to come fully online and connect to the internet; if your Flower has been setup properly, you should see the 'PWR' and ACT LED indicator lights lit up solid green, and the RUN LED indicator slowly blinking; once you see the proper LED indicator light sequence, you may proceed to the Confirm Signal Strength section of the Flower Troubleshooting guide
Complete View of Dandelion Setup
***Note: cable lengths will be longer than depicted in setup images