If you've purchased a Honeybee or Hummingbird Physical SIM or eSIM, you can setup and start using your new product right away!
If you need to Purchase a Honeybee or Hummingbird, you can visit the Pollen online store or (for Honeybees only) download the Pollen Mobile Honeybee app for iOS from the Apple App Store.
To get started with your new physical SIM, follow these easy steps:
- Push a SIM eject tool or a paper clip into the hole at the bottom of the SIM tray.
- Remove the tray along with your old physical SIM card, and place your new Pollen SIM in the tray
***Please note that Pollen SIM cards are manufactured to fit Standard sized SIM trays, Micro SIM trays, and Nano SIM trays. If you are not sure what size SIM tray your mobile device has, we recommend removing the SIM at the largest (Standard) size first, and working your way down until your find the appropriate fit
- Gently slide the SIM tray back into your phone, pushing until it clicks.
Once you're installed your physical SIM, you'll still need to edit your APN settings. Please see bullet point 3 under the eSIM installation instructions for further details.
To get started with your new eSIM, scan the QR code using your device's camera or QR code scanner and follow the prompts on the display. Depending on the device and version you're running, the on-screen instructions will vary; however, here are a few things to call out:
- It is recommended that you add Pollen as your Secondary plan, and not your Primary. Pollen eSIMs do not have the ability to send/receive MMS text messages or phone calls; additionally, the Pollen network is still growing, so coverage may vary depending on your geographic location. As such, relying on the Pollen network as your primary data plan may result in loss of coverage.
- You'll be prompted to name your Pollen eSIM plan -- We recommend using the name Pollen or Pollen Mobile for clarity when troubleshooting
- After you've successfully activated your Pollen eSIM on your device, you need to edit the Access Point Name (APN) to read pollen (all lower-case) for both the CELLULAR DATA and PERSONAL HOTSPOT sections. If you are an iPhone user, you can navigate to Settings --> Cellular --> select your Pollen plan --> Cellular Data Network --> type in the word pollen in the APN field under the section Cellular Data
***Note: in order to take advantage of a Pollen eSIM -- Honeybee or Hummingbird -- and connect to the Pollen network, you must have a compatible device. Please see Pollen eSIM Device Requirements and Restrictions page for further details. If you have questions about your specific device, please see your device manufacturer's website for technical specifications