In order to take advantage of your Pollen Honeybee or Hummingbird eSIM, your device must meet the following requirements:
1) Your device must be compatible with eSIM (Embedded SIM) -- please see your device manufacturer's website for information on whether your specific device model is able to utilize eSIM.
2) Your device must be able to utilize band 48 of the wireless LTE spectrum -- please see your device manufacturer's website for technical specifications of your specific device.
3) You must have access to an NFT compatible Solana wallet in order to receive Hummingbird and Honeybee PCN rewards -- we recommend using either Phantom or Solflare wallets.
Pollen is a no refunds organization, and all sales are final.
- Please be aware that all users are responsible for inputing the correct compatible wallet information when purchasing a Pollen Hummingbird or Honeybee eSIM. Refunds will not be issued to users who provide the incorrect wallet address or provide a wallet address that is not NFT compatible.
- Please also ensure that your device is both eSIM and band 48 compatible before purchasing a Pollen Hummingbird or Honeybee. All users are responsible for determining their device compatibility before making any purchases.
***Note: If your are an iPhone user, only iPhone 11 and newer (including iPhone SE 2nd generation and newer) are able to utilize band 48 of the wireless LTE spectrum.
If you aren't sure of your device compatibility, or if you have questions regarding this matter, feel free to reach out to our team and community on Discord.
Please also be aware of the following eSIM restrictions when using a Pollen eSIM:
1) Your Pollen eSIM can not be activated onto a 'Carrier Locked' phone (e.g. the only SIM allowed on your phone is from the carrier you bought it from). This will typically include devices that are being financed through a carrier payment plan, or that were recently activated on that carrier's network.
If you would like specific information on your device's carrier locked status, please see:
2) Many devices cannot simultaneously utilize two active eSIMs. While there are some devices that can simultaneously support two active eSIMs (iPhone 13 and newer), many devices do not have this capability. This is important to note because many carriers also support eSIM, so you may not be able to utilize a Pollen eSIM if you already have an active carrier eSIM on your device. Please check your specific device technical specifications to determine if you can simultaneously utilize two active eSIMs.
***Note: you can add multiple eSIMs to the same device; however, only one eSIM can be active at any given point on that device. That means that if you have multiple Pollen eSIMs on one device, you will need to deactivate one Pollen plan within your device's settings before activating and using the second.
3) Please be aware that coverage will vary widely when using the Pollen network! We recommend using the eSIM to test out the network and watch it grow. If you're stationary and close to a Flower, you can use Pollen reliably; however, if you're moving around (e.g. driving on the phone), we recommend utilizing your Primary network to avoid loss of coverage.
4) Pollen does not recommend using multiple Hummingbirds or Honeybees on one device simultaneously! Pollen eSIM products are intended to be used on a one eSIM per device basis -- your rewards may be affected if you attempt to use multiple eSIM products per device.
Please sign in to leave a comment.