The Pollen Honeybee and Hummingbird eSIMs are easy to setup network validators that not only help the Pollen network grow, but also allow you to connect to the internet through Pollen on a mobile device!
Honeybee's are especially helpful, as they act as network validators and provide critical network information to Pollen through the Honeybee mobile app that will help the network grow over time.
Please note that in order to use a pollen eSIM, your device must be eSIM compatible and capable of utilizing band 48 of the wireless LTE spectrum. If you have questions about your device's capabilities, please see your device manufacturer's website for additional information.
I have successfully installed my Pollen eSIM, but I am unable to connect to the internet. What's going on?
If your Pollen eSIM has been successfully installed on your device, but you are unable to connect to the internet:
- Please ensure that your device is compatible with Band 48 of the LTE wireless spectrum. You can check your device manufacturer's website for the complete technical specifications of your device model. If your device is not Band 48 compatible, you will not be able to connect to the Pollen network.
- If your device is band 48 compatible, but you still cannot connect to the internet via the Pollen network, start by toggling airplane mode on for at least 30s, and then toggling it back off (please allow 1-2 minutes for device to re-connect to the Pollen network). If your device still cannot load data after toggling airplane mode, please power cycle your device and attempt to connect to the network again.
- If your device is still unable to connect to the Pollen network, but your have access to a secondary known-good validator (such as a separate Pollen eSIM or a Bumblebee), please attempt to connect this validator to your Flower. If your secondary known good validator is unable to connect to this Flower, see the Flower Troubleshooting page to address your Flower's connectivity issues.
If your Flower is functioning appropriately and you still cannot connect your Pollen eSIM to the internet, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
I received the following error message: "Unable to Complete Cellular Plan Change | Your cellular plan could not be set up. Try again later" (iOS) or "Couldn't activate service | There's an issue with your SIM profile. To fix the issue, contact your carrier." What should I do?
If you've received the above error message when attempting to activate your Pollen eSIM...
This is your first attempt at activating this eSIM:
- Please connect your device to a strong WiFi network, then perform a power cycle on your device. Once the device has fully restarted, navigate to your device's cellular settings page and check to see if your Pollen plan was successfully installed on the device.
- If the Pollen plan was successfully installed, please continue with the setup steps as normal.
- If the Pollen plan is not installed on the device, please attempt to activate your Pollen eSIM again.
If you are still unable to activate your Pollen plan on the device on the second attempt, please reach out to email@example.com for further assistance.
This is your second attempt at activating this eSIM on a separate device:
- If this is your second attempt at activating an eSIM, you should follow the same steps outlined above but on the original device the Pollen plan was active on.
- If you are able to successfully activate the Pollen plan on the original device, you can then uninstall the plan from that device, and then attempt to activate on a new one.
If you are still unable to activate your Pollen plan on a new device, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
When I attempt to connect to the Honeybee app, I get an error message "Honeybee SIM Not Installed". Why is that?
If you get this error message when attempting to connect to the Honeybee app...
- Please navigate to your phone's cellular settings, and check to see if your Pollen plan is active on your device. If your plan is not active, please follow the setup instructions to activate your Pollen eSIM, and then try connecting to the app again. If your plan is active...
- Please ensure that you have properly setup your Pollen plan by: - Making sure you have your cellular plan turned on - Making sure you have set your plan's APN to 'pollen'
- Toggle airplane mode on your device for at least 30s, then turn it off and attempt to connect to the app. If you still cannot connect to the app, power cycle your device, then try again.
- If you have toggled airplane mode/power cycled your device and you still cannot connect to the app, please uninstall and re-install the application through the TestFlight application.
If you still cannot activate your Honeybee application, please contact email@example.com for further assistance.
I have successfully setup my Pollen Honeybee eSIM and linked my Honeybee in the app, but I'm not receiving rewards for Pollen Drops. What's going on?
If you are not receiving your rewards for Pollen Drops in the Honeybee app, please navigate to the Honeybee app and select the 3-bar menu button at the top right corner of the app. From there, you can select 'Link New NFT', which will take you to a page that displays your Honeybee's whacky name and the activation code you entered when you first setup the app.
Our Honeybee activations codes are case sensitive, and if typed in incorrectly can lead to missing rewards. Please check to make sure you have correctly typed in your Honeybee's activation code, the correct version of which can be found in the original activation email you received for your Honeybee eSIM. As a best practice, be sure to:
- Ensure all characters are typed appropriately with case sensitivity in mind
- Ensure you are not mixing up similar characters, such as '0' and 'O'
If you have correctly typed in your Honeybee activation code or have retyped the correct activation code, and are still not receiving your Pollen Drop rewards, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
I cannot find the name of my Honeybee in the application. What should I do?
If you cannot find the whacky name of your specific Honeybee in the Honeybee app, please contact email@example.com, as this may be an indication that a necessary application update needs to be pushed out to all users.
Furthermore, if you are experiencing a bug (e.g. a missing menu button), please attempt a reinstallation of the Honeybee app through your TestFlight application. If a reinstallation does not fix the issue, please contact support with a detailed explanation of your bug, and screenshots.
If you have followed these troubleshooting steps, and are still experiencing issues with your Pollen eSIM or the Honeybee app (or your issue was not address on this page), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Please sign in to leave a comment.