CBRS devices needs authorization from a SAS (Spectrum Access System) before they can begin to transmit within the CBRS band. The SAS's job is to manage devices to prevent interference with higher priority users.
Any Flower that has at least one of the following must be registered with the SAS as a Category B radio to remain compliant:
- Operating outdoors with an antenna HAAT over 6 meters
- Flower that can't get a GPS lock or automatically determine its location
- EIRP over 30 dBm with the Spectrum Access System
Current Pollen Mobile radios that should be registered with the SAS include:
- Moso Flowers
To register your Flower with the SAS, follow the steps below.
Register a Flower with the SAS
1. After setting your Flower at the final installation site, open a compass app, with "True North" turned on in the settings, on your smartphone and position the charging port of the phone against the primary LTE antenna (channels 0+1 on the eNodeB), making sure the phone is aligned with the direction the antenna is pointing. Take a screenshot of the azimuth reading for the primary LTE antenna.
For Buttercups, repeat this measurement, taking a screenshot of the azimuth reading for the secondary LTE antenna (channels 2+3 on the eNodeB). Remember to note which reading corresponds to which antenna as you will need to provide two measurements in your submission form.
A. Buttercup measurement
B. Dandelion measurement
C. Elderflower measurement
2. Next, use the map app on your phone to place a pin to grab the latitude and longitude of your Flower's location. Record all digits listed.
3. Determine the height of your installation from the base of the Flower to the ground in feet. Depending on your location, you can do this using a measuring tape, laser measurer, altimeter, or your knowledge of the site.
4. Take photos of your installation, capturing the entirety of the unit from a variety of angles.
5. Once you have all this information recorded, please submit the Category B SAS Registration Form for each of the Flowers that require registration.
After submitted, a CPI from the Pollen team will review your details and reach out with any questions. You can expect to be in the SAS within 3-5 business days.
Please sign in to leave a comment.