November 17, 2022
As of November 17, 2022 at 12:30pm PST, all Bumblebees will start receiving a new software update (0.0.9) that addresses issues related to consistency in attaching to and validating Flowers. Users have reported trouble, for example, when a BB moves from a covered hex, to an uncovered hex, and then back to a covered hex, the BB was struggling to reattach to the network. This fix addresses this use-case. Additionally, users have reported frequent need to reboot their BBs to attach to a Flower, which this software update mitigates but does not fully resolve. We are still investigating solutions on both the Flower and the Bumblebee hardware side to fully resolve this issue.
Several other improvements are in this software update, including:
- Internal optimizations for lighter updates and lower CPU usage
- System light now fast blinks red when BB is receiving updates
- Boot light sequence now goes from right to left instead of left to right
To receive this update, please ensure your Bumblebee is plugged in to power and connected to a nearby Flower for at least 30 minutes.
July 13, 2022
Symptoms of this power supply issue include:
- Bumblebees not turning on or only seeing the first light come on
- Bumblebees rebooting after connecting to a Flower
- Bumblebees not powering correctly with power banks and supplies that work for other Bumblebees
Article is closed for comments.