Thanks for being an early supporter of the Pollen Mobile network—the next generation mobile network that is owned and operated by you.
Bumblebees are small portable devices that are used to validate the coverage provided by the Flowers within the network. Bumblebees are designed and manufactured in San Francisco, CA by the Pollen Mobile team. Every Bumblebee comes with a limited warranty which provides hardware coverage and technical support as further provided below.
For technical support, please visit our support portal. If you are unable to resolve an issue after reviewing the information on the support portal, please submit a Bumblebee Repair Request ticket to our support team here. We strive to respond to support tickets within two business days of receipt.
Pollen warrants Bumblebees contained in the original packaging against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of six (6) months from the original purchase date (“Warranty Period”) when used by the original purchaser solely in accordance with Pollen’s published guidelines. Pollen’s published guidelines are limited to information contained in technical specifications, user manuals and other written Pollen communications.*
If during the Warranty Period you submit a claim to Pollen in accordance with this warranty, Pollen will, at its option:
- Repair your Bumblebee using new or previously used Pollen genuine parts; or
- Replace your Bumblebee with a Bumblebee that is new or comprised of new and/or previously used Pollen genuine parts.
Before receiving warranty service, Pollen may require that you furnish proof of purchase details, respond to questions designed to assist with diagnosing potential issues and follow Pollen’s procedures for obtaining warranty service.
In the event of accidental damage to your unit, you can request the repair or replacement of your unit subject to the repair or replacement fees below, plus applicable tax.**
|Bumblebee v.1.1 USB-C Connector Replacement||$200.00|
|Bumblebee v.1.0 USB-C Connector Replacement||Free|
|Other accidental damage repairs||$100.00|
When requesting a repair or replacement, there are several options:
- Express Replacement Service: If inventory is available, we can send you a replacement device so you don’t have to wait for repair for an additional $50.00 fee.***
- Mail-In Repair: Mail in your Bumblebee using a prepaid shipping label provided by Pollen.
- In-Person Repair: Schedule an appointment at the Pollen HQ in San Francisco.
In order for your unit to qualify for repair or replacement, it must still be within the Warranty Period and show no signs of tampering, disassembly, or modification.
Pollen’s Terms and Conditions are hereby incorporated by this reference and shall apply to this Limited Warranty. In the event of a conflict the Terms and Conditions will govern.
* The limited warranty does not apply: (a) to protective coatings that are designed to diminish over time or batteries, unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship; (b) to cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents and broken plastic on ports unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship; (c) to damage caused by abuse, misuse, fire, liquid contact, earthquake or other external cause; (d) to damage caused by operating the Bumblebee outside Pollen’s published guidelines; (e) to damage caused by services or repairs performed by anyone who is not an authorized representative of Pollen; (f) to a Bumblebee that has been modified to alter functionality or capability without the Pollen’s written permission; (g) to defects caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to the normal aging of the Bumblebee; or (h) if any serial number has been removed or defaced from the Bumblebee. Pollen does not warrant that the operation of your Bumblebee will be uninterrupted or error-free. Pollen is not responsible for any interruption to, or loss of, your ability to earn PCN resulting from or related to your inability to use your Bumblebee or any other Pollen product or service, including without limitation if such inability results from defects in materials and workmanship.
** Accidental damage does not include damage: (a) caused by operation of a Bumblebee outside Pollen’s published guidelines or in a manner otherwise not intended, recommended, or authorized by Pollen (for example, affixing a Bumblebee to a drone or other unmanned vehicle); (b) caused by improper storage of a Bumblebee; (c) caused by abuse, misuse, fire, liquid contact, earthquake or other external cause; (d) from any circumstances or actions which could have been prevented with reasonable care and/or caution. Repair and/or replacement fees are subject to change at Pollen’s sole discretion.
*** Subject to inventory availability. You must ship the replacement device back to Pollen using the prepaid shipping label provided to you within five (5) days of receiving your repaired device. If the replacement device is damaged, you may be charged for the cost of any necessary repairs. The Express Replacement Service is available at Pollen’s sole discretion.
Please sign in to leave a comment.